ECO Environmental Consultants is the first professional environmental consultation office to be established in the state of Kuwait First of February, 1999 that was founded by Dr. Ali M. Khuraibet.
- Dr. Ali Mohammad Khuraibet obtained his B. Sc. in Zoology from the Kuwait University in 1983 and his M.Sc. in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) from the university of Aberdeen, Scotland in 1987.
- He obtained his Ph.D. in EIA application at the project and policy levels and sustainable development from the university of Aberdeen in 1990.
- He carried out his post doctoral research fellowship, also, from the university of Aberdeen in 1997.
- He listed as an Environmental export in the field of EIA with the United Nations Environment Program ” Directory of Environmental Experts”.
- He worked in Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research at the Environmental and Earth Sciences Division from 1984-1991.
- He is an Associate Professor and a member of the teaching staff at the Environmental Health Department, College of Health Sciences, PAAET and served as Head of the department from 1992-1995.
- He was worked extensively in all intertidal zones of Kuwait and also in desert ecosystem and has wide environment research interest in Kuwait’s marine environment, land-use planning, policy analysis, environmental awareness, electromagnetic fields pollution and environmental management of island.
- He was appointed by Kuwait EPA to head the environmental Impact Assessment Committee. The committee was responsible in formulating the new EIA regulations of Kuwait.
- He carried-out many Environmental Impacts Assessment Studies international companies such as Hyundai Engineering and Construction Company, Parsons Engineers limited, DuPont, SKEC, Fluor, Parsons Brinckerhoff, HoK, Hyundai Heavy Industries Company etc.
- He was officially appointed by the National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI, USA) as a research member on the Reef Rescue Committee.
- He was appointed by EPA as a member of the official committee that investigated the ” Fish Kill Incident” that happened in Kuwait in 1999.